978-81-8487-684-0 Publication Year: 2019
Pages: 388 Binding: Hard Back
About the book
PLANT CELL DIFFERENTIATION AND ORGANOGENESIS presents molecular mechanisms involved from meristem to organ formation and focuses on basic scientific problems; such as cell division and differentiation, organogenesis and development. The book is outcome of the research results of the ‘Plant Cell Differentiation and Organogenesis’ – Innovation Group of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). The book introduces theories, research progress and research methods with the help of illustrations and refined structures. The book is for Graduate and undergraduate students of Botany and research scholars of related fields.
• Describes molecular mechanism of cell differentiation and organogenesis of the model plants Arabidopsis thaliana and rice
• Principles and roles of cell division, cell differentiation and vesicle trafficking in plant development are elaborated
• Research progresses on the origins and evolutions of floral organs, the flowering initiation and floral organogenesis are described in detail
• Discusses, perception of vernalization signals, floral development models, regulatory network of floral organogenesis
• The polarized growth of pollen tubes and trichomes, root development, and the functional regulation of stem cells are also introduced.
Foreword / Preface / Plant Cell Division and its Regulation / Cell Differentiation / Mechanisms of Exocytosis and Endocytosis in Plant Cells / Pollen Tube Polarized Growth and its Regulation / Trichome Development / Genesis, Development and Apical Growth of Root Hair / Molecular Regulation of Plant Embryonic Development / Shoot Apical Meristem / Root Development and Stem Cell Regulation / Flower Initiation / Floral Organ Determination / References / Index.
Postgraduate Students, Librarians and Researchers