Numerical Problems in Physics: Volume 1:Optics, Waves and Oscillations, Electromagnetic Field Theory, Solid State Physics and Modern Physics
Authors: Devraj Singh, Shashi Kant Pandey
978-81-8487-447-1 Publication Year: 2015
Pages: 568 Binding: Paper Back
About the book
Numerical Problems in Physics, Volume 1 is intended to serve the need of the students pursuing graduate and post graduate courses in universities with Physics and Materials Science as subject including those appearing in engineering, medical, and civil services entrance examinations.
• 29 chapters on Optics, Wave & Oscillations, Electromagnetic Field Theory,
Solid State Physics & Modern Physics
• 540 solved numerical problems of various universities and competitive examinations
• 523 multiple choice questions for quick and clear understanding of subject matter
• 567 unsolved numerical problems for grasping concepts of the various topic in Physics
• 49 Figures for understanding problems and concept
Preface / Optics: Interference of Light / Diffraction of Light / Polarisation of Light / Optical Instruments / Lasers / Fibre Optics / Waves and Oscillations: Wave Motion / Simple Harmonic Oscillator / Damped Harmonic Oscillator / Forced Harmonic Oscillators / Ultrasonics / Electromagnetic Field Theory: Scalar and Vector Fields / Motion of the Charged Particles in Electromagnetic Fields / Gauss’s Law and its Applications / Maxwell’s Equations / Solid State Physics: Crystal Physics / Free Electron Theory of Metals / Band Theory of Solids / Dielectric Materials / Magnetic Properties of Solid Materials / Semiconductor Physics / Photoconductivity and Photovoltaics / Modern Physics: Special Theory of Relativity / Wave-Particle Dualism / The Equation of Motion of Matter Waves: Schrödinger’s Equation / Statistical Mechanics / Superconductivity / X-Rays / Nuclear Physics / Bibliography / Appendixes / Index.