978-81-8487-319-1 Publication Year: 2014
Pages: 394 Binding: Paper Back
About the book
ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS covers the basic concepts of first law and second law, Availability and irreversibility; Equations of ideal and real gas mixtures; Discussion on properties of pure substance and their applications; Derivation of general thermodynamic relations; Gibbs, Helmholtz and Maxwell relation; Clausius Claperyon equation; Concepts of air standard cycles; Fuels and combustion and introduction to alternative fuels; Studies of air quality and psychrometric processes.
• Problems are given in SI units throughout the book
• Illustrated examples are given to understand the concepts
• Many solved problems in each chapter
• Easy to follow and understand
• Many objective type questions, theory and unsolved problems in each chapter
• Useful for diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate engineering students
Preface / Acknowledgements / Units and Measurements / Introduction to Ideal Gases / Thermodynamic Systems and First Law / Second Law of Thermodynamics / Availability and Irreversibility / Properties of Pure Substances / Real Gas Mixture / Thermodynamic Relations / Psychrometry / Fuels and Combustion / Air Standard Cycles / Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, Teachers and Professionals