About the book
Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits (VLSI) design has moved from costly curiosity to an everyday necessity, especially with the proliferated applications of embedded computing devices in communications, entertainment and household gadgets. As a result, more and more knowledge on various aspects of VLSI design technologies is becoming a necessity for the engineering/technology students of various disciplines.
With this goal in mind the course material of this book has been designed to cover the various fundamental aspects of VLSI design, like
• Categorization and comparison between various technologies used for
• VLSI design
• Basic fabrication processes involved in VLSI design
• Design of MOS, CMOS and Bi CMOS circuits used in VLSI
• Structured design of VLSI
• Introduction to VHDL for VLSI design
• Automated design for placement and routing of VLSI systems
• VLSI testing and testability
The various topics of the book have been discussed lucidly with analysis, when required, examples, figures and adequate analytical and theoretical questions. The readers/ tutors can select all or some of the topics of the book according to the requirements. The material of this book has grown out of a under graduate level class on “Integrated Circuits/VLSI Design” taught by the author for about two decades.