978-81-8487-204-0 Publication Year: Reprint 2013
Pages: 438 Binding: Paper Back
About the book
Circuit design and analysis forms an integral part of B. Sc. (Hons.) / M. Sc. Curricula in Physics. This book provides a concise and comprehensive account of this subject and should meet the requirements of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students in Physics.
• All circuits have been analyzed from first principles, thus the book can be used for self-study
• Large number of solved examples in each chapter to facilitate understanding and analysis. In addition, there are about 150 problems with answers
• Chapters are devoted to bring out the physical aspects of the devices, such as transistors and MOSFETs
• A unique feature of the book is a chapter on IC fabrication technology
• Numerous illustrations scattered through out the book.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION:
Several chapters in the second edition have been revised and material added for wider coverage.
• A chapter on the basics and the emerging trends in Nano-Electronics included.
• Discussion on field effect transistor fully revised.
• Large number of problems (many with complete solutions) added.
• A full section included on circuit applications of p-n diode.
• Discussion on class C- amplifiers added in the chapter on Power Amplifiers.
Preface to the Second Edition / Preface to the First Edition / Acknowledgements / Physical Constant / Introduction to Semiconductors / The p-n Junction and Diode Applications / The Junction Transistor / DC Circuit Design and Analysis / Small Signal BJT Amplifiers: Analysis using r–Parameters / Small Signal Amplifiers and Z, Y and h-Parameters / Feedback in Amplifiers / Integrated Circuit Fabrication / Field-Effect Transistors (FETs) / FET Circuits and Applications / Power Amplifiers / Frequency Response, Coupling Methods, Multistage Amplifiers / Differential and Operational Amplifiers / Operational Amplifier Applications / Nanoelectronics / Index.