Design of Information Systems:A Modern Approach, Second Edition
Authors: J. Mishra, A. Mohanty
978-81-7319-636-2 Publication Year: Reprint 2008
Pages: 316 Binding: Paper Back
About the book
Design of Information Systems: A Modern Approach, intended as a textbook for the engineering and management students, covers all the relevant topics on information systems and brings together the underlying concepts, issues involved, modern trends and practices followed in design.
The Main Features Include:
• Information System Development Models • System Analysis Tools and Techniques
• Design of Information Systems • Installation and Maintenance of Information Systems
• Management Aspects of Information Systems • Modern Applications of Information Systems
New to the Second Edition:
· Geographic Information Systems etc.
· Some modern information Systems, a case study and few solved questions at the end of the book
Preface to the Second Edition / Preface to the First Edition / INTRODUCTION: Overview of Information Systems / Management and Information System / Overview of Computer Technology / DEVELOPMENT OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Information System Development Models / PREPARING INFORMATION SYSTEMS PROJECT FOR DESIGN: Analysis of Information System / Tools for Representing Specifications / DESIGN OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS / Tools and Techniques for Good Design / Logical Data Modeling / Physical Design of Computer Subsystem / Physical Design of Manual Subsystem / Modern Methodologies / INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS: Implementation of Information Systems / Management of Information Systems / EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND CASE STUDY: Conventional Information Systems / Modern Applications of Information Systems / Case Study / SOLVED QUESTIONS / Index.
Undergraduate and Graduate Students of Engineering, Management and Computer Science & Professionals