978-81-7319-428-3 Publication Year: Reprint 2019
Pages: 408 Binding: Paper Back
About the book
First published in 1994 (since reprinted nine times), this textbook has been used internationally by the students and practicing engineers. Encouraged by the response and to keep pace with new developments this edition provides greater details of semiconductor-controlled drives.
The main topics covered are:
• Dynamics and control of electrical drives
• Selection of motor power rating
• DC, induction and synchronous motor drives
• Stepper motor and switched reluctance motor drives
• Permanent magnet ac and brushless dc motor drives
• Solar and battery powered drives
• Traction drives
• Energy conservation in electrical drives
• Electrical drive systems and components
A large number of solved and unsolved problems with answers make this book most suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in electrical drives. Practicing engineers and those appearing for engineering services examinations will also find this book useful.
Preface to Second Edition / Preface to First Edition / Electrical Drives – An Introduction / Dynamics of Electrical Drives / Control of Electrical Drives / Selection of Motor Power Rating / dc Motor Drives / Induction Motor Drives / Synchronous Motor and Brushless dc Motor Drives / Stepper Motor and Switched Reluctance Motor Drives / Solar and Battery Powered Drives / Traction Drives / Energy Conservation in Electrical Drives / Electrical Drive Systems and Components / Bibliography and References / Answers to Numerical Problems / Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate students and Practicing Engineers in the field of Electrical Drives