E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2017
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 518
About the book
An Introduction to Sensors and Instrumentations introduces the characteristics of common types of industrial sensors and transducers, highlights analysis of the operating principles and characteristics of several commonly used sensors and transducers, analog and digital signals and signal processing including various components and devices including the digital signal processing (DSP), transmission and telemetry systems, data display and analog and digital devices. The book further covers the most recent developments in Virtual instrumentation and in understanding factors that contribute to measurement errors which help determine and design appropriate measures to improve accuracy of the instruments to larger extent possible and describes to several specific types of electric measuring instruments used for the measurement of electrical quantities at the end.
The book is designed to serve the needs of the engineering students of instrumentation, chemical, mechanical, electronics and electrical disciplines. It will also be a useful for the students of applied sciences, industrial engineers, scientists, designers, managers and research personnel.
• A standard introductory book for under graduate post graduate students of Universities and Institutions.
• The book is written in simple language for quality understanding of the subject matter by students
of all engineering and technical disciplines.
• Widening gap between voluminous difficult books and simple good books will be narrowed down
to the larger extent.
• It includes large numbers of carefully selected and solved worked examples in each chapter.
• Two appendices are specifically included to cover multiple choice questions as a preparatory support
for several competitive examinations.
• Ideally suitable for self study by professional engineers and technicians
Table of Contents
Preface / Introduction to Sensors and Transducers – A Perspective / Description of Sensors and Transducers / Signals and Signal Processing Circuits / Digital Processing of Analog Signal / Analog and Digital Display Devices / Virtual Instrumentation / Errors in Measurements Systems / Typical Electrical Measuring Instruments / Appendices / Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, Professionals and Researchers