E-ISBN: E 978-81-8487-666-6
Publication Year: 2017
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 600
About the book
DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHM provides an introduction to the field of algorithms. This text book employs a comprehensive taxonomy of algorithm design techniques that is more powerful and intuitive than the traditional approach.
This book begins with a discussion of algorithm performance, and provides comprehensive coverage of such topics as red-black tree, graph algorithms and binary search- and sort algorithms-along with techniques for optimization.
• The book contains over 150 solved problems and over 200 exercises and contains over 230 figures
illustrating how the algorithms work
• Each chapter is followed by theoretical questions, solved problems and applicable exercise problems
to test the reader’s understanding of the subject
• Coverage of empirical analysis, a design technique and algorithm visualization
• Coverage of dynamic programming, greedy algorithms, amortized analysis, back tracking which
provides help in graph algorithms
• Coverage of the very critical topics such as branch and bound method which covers matters regarding traveling salesman’s problem and lower bound theory
• Methods for solving recurrences, which are useful for describing the running times of recursive algorithms
• Coverage of NP-completeness, including polynomial time, non-deterministic polynomial time,
and decision problem
It provides a coherent and pedagogically sound framework for learning and teaching algorithms.
Table of Contents
Preface / Algorithm and Performance Analysis / Sorting and Order Statistics / Sorting in Linear Time / Data Structure and Tree / Advanced Data Structures / Advanced Design and Analysis Techniques / Graph Algorithm / Backtracking / Branch and Bound Technique / Network Flow / Polynomials and the FFT / String Matching / NP Completeness / Approximation Algorithm / Index.
Under & Postgraduate Students, Teachers & Researchers