E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2013
Binding: Hard Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 960
About the book
GENE REGULATION deals with the molecular mechanisms of regulation of gene expression in viruses, bacteria and eukaryotes. Role of epigenetic modifications in gene regulation is dealt with in detail. While molecular basis of development and evolution in light of the recent discoveries finds a special mention, in the last chapter, modification and modulation of gene expression and exploitation of gene regulation has been discussed. The Genetic material and gene expression have been described only very briefly in the first chapter.
Gene Regulation is primarily designed as a text book for senior undergraduate and post-graduate students. Undergraduate and graduate students, teachers and researchers in any discipline of life sciences, agricultural sciences, medicine, and biotechnology in all the conventional and agricultural universities, research institutes, molecular genetics and biotechnology companies/colleges/ institutes/schools all over the world will also find it useful as a reference book.
• A brief historical background for every chapter.
• A comprehensive treatise.
• Recent progresses discussed.
• Nobel Prize winning work finds a special mention.
• Simple and lucid language.
• Supported by 722 references, 21 Tables, and 211 Figures.
• Terms defined in context of the present day knowledge.
• Separate section on glossary of important terms.
• Comprehensive subject index.
• Applications/implications of various discoveries pin-pointed.
• Useful for national and international level competitive examinations, entrance tests, and interviews.
Table of Contents
Foreword / Preface / Introduction / Gene Regulation in Bacteria / Gene Regulation in Viruses / Gene Regulation in Eukaryotes / Models of Gene Regulation / Methylation of Nucleic Acids and Gene Regulation / Histone Modification and Gene Regulation / Gene Silencing / Modifying and Modulating Gene Expression, and Exploiting Gene Regulation / Molecular Basis of Evolution / Molecular Basis of Development / Molecular Tools and Techniques / Glossary / Subject Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, Professionals and Researchers