978-81-7319-477-1 Publication Year: Reprint 2012
Pages: 126 Binding: Paper Back
About the book
One of the major requisites in engineering system development is the role of graphics in presentation, communication and interaction with various groups involved in execution of the system from concept to maintenance. For engineers, who deal with computer integrated problem solving approaches, understanding graphics need a book that serves to bridge the gap of computer aspects and engineering requirements. This volume aims to fill this need.
• Types of graphics and their evolution
• Environment covering Input, Output and Interactive devices
• Later generation and manipulation of graphics from one-, two- and three- dimensional
• Viewing, projection and pre- and post-processing of graphical information; Standards and graphic Software
• Visualization, animation and virtual reality aspects
• Image and picture processing
• Numerous examples at the end of each chapter
Preface / Need for Computer Graphics / Computer Graphics – Basics / Graphic Devices / Dimensional Graphics / Viewing and Projection / Visualisation and Computing / Graphics and Multimedia / Multimedia Systems / References / Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of Civil, Mechanical, and Computer Science Engineering