Numerical Methods in Science and Engineering: Theories with Matlab, Mathematica, Fortran, C and Python Programs
Author(s): P. Dechaumphai, N. Wansophark
E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2020
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 520
About the book
NUMERICAL METHODS IN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING present an understanding on introduction and the use of numerical methods. The book starts by introducing numerical methods and describing their importance for analyzing engineering problems. The programs are written in MATLAB, Mathematica, Fortran, C and Python, so that readers can use the preferred language for their study. These computer programs can also be modified to use in other courses and research work. This book is ideal for undergraduate and graduate students in mechanical, aeronautical, civil, electrical and chemical engineering as well as scientists.
• Numerous examples and figures are presented
• Exercises with basic and realistic problems at the end of each chapter
• The methods for finding roots of linear and nonlinear equations are presented with examples
• The methods for interpolation, extrapolation and least-squares regression are explained
• Numerical integration and differentiation methods are presented
• Computer programs corresponding to the computational procedures are provided.
Table of Contents
Preface / First Step to Numerical Methods / Root of Equations / System of Linear Equations / Interpolation and Extrapolation / Least-Squares Regression / Numerical Integration and Differentiation / Ordinary Differential Equations / Partial Differential Equations / Bibliography / Appendix A Matrices / Appendix B MATLAB Fundamentals / Appendix C Derivation of Fourth-Order Runge-Kutta Formula / Appendix D Mathematica Commands / Index.
Undergraduate – Postgraduate Students, Researchers and Professionals