E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2020
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 350
About the book
An Introduction to System Software begins by introducing various types of system software used in a computer. A computer program undergoes various changes before it gets converted into an object program for execution. The process of transformation through the source program is performed by the system software. Topics such as assemblers, linkers, loaders, microprocessors and types of operating system are discussed. The book will be helpful for the undergraduate, postgraduate students and the teachers of Computer Science.
• Assembly language program segments have been used throughout the text
• Phases of a compiler along with the data structures used in this process are also covered
• Use of debuggers, editors and device drivers are described
• Number of examples to assist the students
• Multiples Choice Questions are given at the end of every chapter
• A question bank with answer pertaining to System Software given at the end of the book
Table of Contents
Preface / Acknowledgement / An Introduction to System Software / Basic Computer Organization and Introduction to Machine and Assembly Language / Microprocessors Intel 8086 and 8088 / Assemblers / Macros and Macro Processors / Compilers / Software Tools / Loaders and Linkers / An Introduction to Operating System.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, Professionals and Researchers