E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2020
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 273
About the book
CHAOS AND PHYSICS gives an introduction to chaos and its impact on various aspects of non-linear physics. Chaos is young but, very interesting theory of physics. It is the rule rather than the exception. Chaos is young but, very interesting theory of physics. It is the rule rather than the exception. Chaos has applications in almost all areas of Physics including mechanics, optics and plasma. This area opens up a new dimension and is important for studnts pursuing a career in physics.
The book will give an insight to students and teachers in this area of physics. This book is a must for researchers on Chaos and Nonlinear dynamics.
• Highlights double pendulum experiment showing bifurcation process leading to chaos
• Links up the concept of spontaneous symmetry breakdown with superconductivity
• The Lorenz Model analyzed n detail
• Computer simulations including the butterfly effect
• A rich collection of computer codes highlighting chaos.
Table of Contents
Preface / / Introduction / Logistic Equation and Mappings / Logistic Map: Graphical Output and Analysis / The Lyapunov Exponent / The Lorenz Model / The Complex Lorentz Model / Solution through Numerical Integration / Van Der Pol Equation / Order Parameter and Symmetry Breaking: Modeling a Route to Chaos / Appendixes / Bibliography.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, Professionals and Researchers