Handbook on Quality and Productivity Improvement of Concrete
Author(s): N. V. Nayak, M. P. Mokal
E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2019
Binding: Hard Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 504
About the book
THE HANDBOOK ON IMPROVEMENT OF QUALITY AND PRODUCTIVITY OF CONCRETE is a guide to improve – both in quality and productivity of concrete. The book is based on experience gained by the authors in professional practices. Many simple and practical innovations have been presented which the authors have implemented on many of their projects to significantly improve the quality of concrete as well as productivity of concrete at the batching plant. The book will be useful for the professionals in practice and in academia, as well.
• Deals with Ultrafine Slag (Alccofine) and Ultrafine Fly-ash (UFFA)
• Innovative approach of external water curing on vertical members of the concrete are highlighted
• Effective innovation to prevent rain water entry in transit mixers is illustrated.
• Effective uses of SCM in producing durable, sustainable & economical concrete are discussed.
• Innovations for improving production of batching plants are illustrated
Table of Contents
Foreword / Preface / Acknowledgement / Quality and Productivity of Concrete- Their Significance, Cement- It’s Effect on Quality and Strength of Concrete, Water- It’s Effect on Quality and Strength of Concrete, Air Content – It’s Effect on Strength and Durability of Concrete, Improvement in Strength and Durability of Concrete by use of SCMS, Aggregate – It’s Effect on Quality and Strength of Concrete, Chemical Admixtures- Their Effect on Quality and Performance of Concrete, Concrete Temperature – It’s Effect on Quality and Strength of Concrete, Factors Affecting Quality and Productivity of Concrete at Batching Plant, Transportation & Placement Factors Affecting Quality of Concrete, Curing of Concrete, Other Factors Affecting Quality of Concrete, Summary, References, Bibliography, Index.