E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2019
Binding: Hard Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 1232
About the book
GENOME EDITING: A Comprehensive Treatise provides concise knowledge on genetic manipulation of genome, accomplished in nuclear as well as organellar genomes. Basic principles of genome editing involve induction of double-stranded DNA breaks, with the help of engineered sit-specific thereby induce site-specific deletions, insertions, disruptions, etc. Hence, it is developed under the broader approach of genome engineering. This book is specially designed as a textbook and reference book, as well. The book will be useful for upper undergraduate and graduate students studying genome editing in agricultural, veterinary and medicinal universities. Teachers and researchers in many disciplines will also get benefited from this book.
• DNA repair mechanisms involved in genome editing discussed.
• Different types of oligonucleotides and animals and plant viruses that have been modified to act as donor DNA molecules described.
• Detailed discussions on Gene drives, gene expression control, safety issues, regulatory issues and future of genome-editing technology.
• Include 2530 references, 50 tables and 261 figures.
• Problems listed at the end of each chapter.
Table of Contents
Preface / Introduction to Genome Editing / DNA Repair Mechanisms in Genome Editing / Gene Knockout, Gene Knockin and Gene Knockdown / Meganucleases / Zinc-Finger Nucleases / Transcription Activator-Like Effector Nucleases / RNA-Guided Nucleases – The CRISPRs / DNA-Guided Nucleases – Argonautes / Site-Specific Recombinases / Transposons / Oligonucleotides as Delivery Vehicles / Engineered Viruses as Delivery Vehicles / Comparing Genome-Editing Tools / Gene-Editing Approaches in Bacteria and Yeasts / Multiplex Genome Editing / Gene Drive Technology / Genome Editing in Mitochondria and Plastids / Repurposing Genome-Editing tools for Gene Expression Control / Safety Issues of Genome-Editing Technology / Regulatory Issues and Future of Genome-Editing Technology / Subject Index.
Postgraduate Students, Professionals and Researchers