E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2020
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 345
About the book
CLASSICAL MECHANICS discusses the Lagrange’s equations of motion, integration of the equation of motion, theory of small oscillations, Hamilton’s equations of motion, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations, in nine chapters. The selection of topics of each chapter fulfills the requirement of graduate and under graduate students.
• A detailed discussion on the Normal Coordinates
• Hamilton-Jacobi theory and action-angle variables are discussed
• Motion in central force field and scattering problems are discussed
• Motion of rigid body, angular momentum, inertia tensor, Euler’s equations of motion are discussed
• Cyclic coordinates, conservation theorems, principle of least action have been discussed at length
• More than 74 solved examples at the end of chapters.
Table of Contents
Preface / Lagrange’s Equations / Some Aspects of the Calculus of Variations / Integration of the Equation of Motion / Motion of a Rigid Body / Theory of Small Oscillations / Hamilton’s Equations of Motion / Canonical Transformations / Hamilton – Jacobi Theory / Lagrangian and Hamiltonian Formulation for Continuous Systems / Appendices / References / Index.
Under-Postgraduate Students, Teachers and Professionals