Author(s): N. S. Baruaole, Vikrant Sharma, Atul Kumar, Mukesh Kumar
E-ISBN: Publication Year: June 2018
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight:
About the book
ENGINEERING MECHANICS: Statics is one of the most important and fundamental course in engineering. The objective of this book is to impart knowledge of fundamental concepts and to gain skill of identifying, formulating and solving engineering problems and also to apply concepts of statics in solving real life problems.
The book starts with an introduction to mechanics and goes on to cover concepts of statics like system of forces, equilibrium, analysis of structures, centroid, moment of inertial, friction and stress – strain. The topics are covered in an easy to understand manner. Since problem solving is critical in engineering mechanics, the solutions to the problems are given in a systematic and step-wise manner.
• Large number of illustration to clear the concept.
• All concepts of Statics are presented in simple manner. Concepts are written according to the psychological requirements of the students
• Topic wise 200+ solved examples
• 100 exercise problems
• Summary of key concepts at the end of chapters
• 100 objective type questions
Table of Contents
Co-planer System of Forces / Equilibrium of System of Forces / Friction and its Application / Centroid, Centre of Gravity and Area Moment of Inertia / Structural Analysis / Simple Stress and Strain.