E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2017
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 1295
About the book
A TEXTBOOK OF MECHANICS provides a comprehensive coverage of all the diverse topics in Mechanics and is designed to serve as a textbook for Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and as a workbook for Engineering students.
• A wide variety of Exercises in each section and sub-section
• Worked out examples illustrated according to the theories developed in the book with possible alternatives.
• Exhaustive collection of problems and the simplicity of presentation
• Discussion on the subject in a systematic manner that may cater to most of the demands of the learners
• Material contained will help teachers as well as aspiring students of different competitive
examinations and research
• A variety of exercises drill the students in problem solving in view of mathematical theories explained
in the book
Table of Contents
Preface / Mechanics of a Particle / Generalised Co-ordinates / Variational Principle / Lagrangian Mechanics / Hamiltonian Mechanics / Transformation Theory / Hamilton-Jacobi Theory / Rotating Frames of Reference / Dynamics of Rigid Body / Central Force Field / Theory of Small Oscillations / Relativistic Mechanics / Bibliography / Index.
Under & Postgraduate Students, Professionals & Researchers