E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2017
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 1040
About the book
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS is a textbook designed and written to suit the undergraduate students of Engineering and diploma. The book contains 10 Chapters elucidating basics of stresses and strains, internal forces, stresses in beams and the deflection of beams, circular shafts, long columns and cylindrical and spherical shells. In addition, the strain energy stored in different structures and the theories of elastic failure are dealt with.
The book is written in perspective of students as well as instructors. The students can refer this text book and understand by themselves and gain confidence. Hence it is a hand tool for the students.
• Follows the syllabus of II Year B. E. Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
course of various Universities.
• The theoretical concepts are given with examples and applications.
• Exhaustive exercise problems (250) and the practice problems (200) are incorporated.
• The problems are selected from question papers of various universities.
• The exercise problems are arranged in the order from simple to complex.
• Solutions to the problems are illustrated with detailed explanation along with schematic
diagrams and step-by-step procedure of simplification.
Table of Contents
Preface / Simple Stresses and Strains / Compound Stresses / Bending Moment and Shear Force in Beams / Stresses in Beams / Deflection of Beams / Torsion of Circular Shafts / Columns / Thin and Thick Cylinders / Strain Energy and its Applications / Theories of Elastic Failure / Index.
Undergraduate Students, Professionals and Industry