E-ISBN: Publication Year: Reprint 2018
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 650
About the book
Calculus and Differential Equations with MATLAB presents a clear, easy-to-understand on how to use MATLAB to solve calculus and differential equation problems. The book contains eleven chapters with essential materials that are taught in calculus and differential equation courses. These include:
• Limits, differentiation and integration
• Taylor, maclaurin and other infinite series
• Ordinary differential equations
• Laplace and Fourier transforms
• Partial differential equations
• Numerical and finite element methods
• Special functions (error, gamma, beta, Bessel, Airy, Legendre, etc.)
Exact solutions are derived before showing MATLAB commands to provide the same solutions. Numerical methods are used to obtain approximate solutions when exact solutions are not available. The book contains a large number of examples and homework problems to demonstrate the capability of symbolic mathematics in MATLAB for solving calculus and differential equation problems.
Table of Contents
Preface / Symbolic Mathematics by MATLAB / Calculus / Differential Equations / First-Order Differential Equations / Second-Order Linear Differential Equations / Higher-Order Linear Differential Equations / Laplace Transforms / Fourier Transforms / Boundary Value Problems / Partial Differential Equations / Special Functions / Bibliography / Index.