E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2016
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 330
About the book
UNDERSTANDING MOLECULAR BIOLOGY focusses on fundamental concepts, such as gene structure and function. It explores the essential aspects in molecular biology such as transcription, regulation and translation in prokaryotes and eukaryotes as well as the latest developments in the field of functional, structural genomics, qualitative and post translational proteomics. The book has been designed for undergraduate and postgraduate students majoring in molecular biology and biotechnology and arranged into simple units which give the students a basic grasp of the subject.
• Offers a detailed approach to the study of molecular biology
• A chapter on cloning and genetic engineering using recombinant DNA Technology
• Incorporates latest information on next generation sequencing and genome editing
• Includes topics on techniques in structural and qualitative proteomics
• Clear illustrations and questions at the end of each chapter
Table of Contents
Preface / Foreword / Introduction / From Molecular Biology to Biotechnology – A Brief History / Nucleic Acids / Chromosome Organisation / DNA Replication, Repair and Recombination / Transcription in Bacteria / Transcription in Eukaryotes / Translation/Protein Synthesis / Transposable Elements or Mobile DNA / Recombinant DNA Technology / Genomes and Proteomes / Index.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Students & Professionals