Author(s): D. P. Kothari, K. C. Singal, Rakesh Ranjan
E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2017
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 640
About the book
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE has been designed in such a way, that it will develop interst among students and will sensitize them about environment, natural resources and conservation of nature. This book is as per UGC guideline with inputs from various Government and non-government environmental institutes.
• Large number of illustrations and case studies
• Environmental ethics and new laws included in the texts
• Economical considerations of natural resources and environment have been dealt in detail and separate chapter on ‘Economical Aspects of Environmental Change and Services’ is added in addition to the approved syllabus of environmental studies
• Inputs from various environmental institutions like Centre for Science and Environment, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Universities, Government and Corporate dealing with waste management incorporated
• Health hazards due to environmental degradations also covered
• Various Indian and International protocols, treaties and acts on environmental conservation, pollution, wild life protection etc have been added.
Table of Contents
Preface / Acknowledgements / Multidisciplinary Nature of Environmental Science / Natural Resources / Ecosystem / Biodiversity / Environmental Pollution / Environmental Aspects of Environmental Change and Services / Social Issues and the Environment Natural Resources / Human Population and the Environment / Index.