Computational Methods for Physics and Mathematics: with Fortran and C++ Programmes
Author(s): Nathi Singh
E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2017
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 1045
About the book
COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR PHYSICS AND METHEMATICS is an outcome of lecture notes prepared by the author while teaching course of Computational Methods and Programming. The book covers the topics for one year course in “Computational Methods and Programming”. Two chapters (11 and 12) are devoted specially to solve problems related to physics using computational methods. Fundamental concepts in each article are presented in a simple manner so that students can understand these easily. For further clarification of fundamental concepts, each article is supported by an example, its solution and FORTRAN & C++ programs. At the end of FORTRAN or C++ program its input data and output results are given. The results obtained from the computer programs are shown in graphical form wherever possible. At the end of each chapter unsolved problems are given.
Since C++ language is popular in colleges, universities and engineering institutions, so each FORTRAN program is translated in C++ language also. It can serve as text book for teaching course of Computational Methods to postgraduate students. This book will also be useful for graduate, engineering students and researchers of physics, chemistry, mathematics and computer applications.
• Each article is supported by an example and computer programs
• Computer programs are written in FORTRAN and C++ languages
• In chapter 1, computer programs are given for solving one, two and three dimensional integrals using Monte Carlo method
• In Chapter 10, Computer programs are written for solving Partial Differential Equations related to physics and mathematics
• In chapters 11 and 12, FORTRAN programs written for solving problems related to physics. Corresponding C++ programs are given in Appendix A and B, respectively.
Table of Contents
Preface / Integration / Differentiation / Least Square Fitting Methods / Roots of Equations / Interpolation / Solution of Simultaneous Linear Equations / Eigen Values and Eigen Vectors of Matrices / Differential Equations / Solution of Partial Differential Equations / Simulation Techniques Related to Physics (Simple Problems) / Simulation Techniques Related to Physics (Advanced Problems) / Appendixes / Index.
Postgraduate Students, Professionals and Researchers