Electromagnetic Theory and Applications , Second Edition
Author(s): A. K. Saxena
E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2013
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 470
About the book
Electromagnetic Theory and Applications aims to serve as a textbook for Physics and Engineering Students. The book covers vector algebra, electrostatics, electric field in dielectrics, boundary value problems, magnetostatics, maxwell equations and wave propagation, waves at an interface, transmission lines and wave guides, retarded potentials and radiating systems.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION:
• Group and Phase Velocities in a Waveguide added in chapter 8
• Characteristics Parameters of an E-phase or H-plane ‘Tee’ added in chapter 9
• Integral Theorems added as an appendix
• Physical Significance of Divergence and Curl added as an appendix
• Offers students a conceptual development of the subject
• Contains applications of EM Theory to transmission lines, wave guides and microwaves
• Examples given to elucidate understanding of the subject
Table of Contents
Preface / Needed Vector Algebra / Electrostatics / Electric Fields in Dielectrics / Boundary Value Problems / Magnetostatics / Maxwell’s Equations / Electromagnetic Waves Incident at an Interface / Transmission Lines and Wave Guides / Electromagnetism and Microwaves / Retarded Potentials and Radiating Systems / Optical Fibres (An Introduction) / Appendix A: The Complex Poynting Theorem / References / Index.