E-ISBN: Publication Year: Reprint 2017
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 1107
About the book
Highly successful first edition of the book is now thoroughly revised and updated in the light of current developments in field of plant physiology and Biochemistry.
ADDED CONTENTS ARE:
• Reverse osmosis, effect of blue light on stomatal movement, chlororespiration, line Weave-Burk plot, artificial sweeteners, post translational modifications, protein synthesis in chloroplasts and mitochondria, synthesis of unsaturated fatty acids, refined oils, trans fats, artificial fat, chemiosmotic theory of auxin transport, GA induced ?-amylase synthesis, other known phytohormones, molecular basis of flowering and floral parts differentiation along with physiological and biochemical changes during senescence.
• Regulation of glycolysis by PFK, aerobic respiration, pentose phosphate pathway, alternate oxidase pathway, fatty acid synthesis are also incorporated in this edition.
• Molecular basis of flowering
• Molecular basis of GA action of seed germination
• Chemo osmotic sweeteners, Artificial fat, Refined oil, and Trans fat
Table of Contents
Preface to the Second Edition / Preface to the First Edition / Part I: Water and Mineral Relation of Plants - Cell and Cell Organelles / Forms of Solutions / Behaviour of Cells Towards Water / Absorption and Translocation of Water / Loss of Water from Plants / Mineral Nutrition and Absorption / Translocation of Solutes / Photosynthesis Part II: Metabolism - Enzymes / Photosynthesis / Carbohydrate / Special Modes of Nutrition in Plants / Nitrogen Metabolism / Amino Acid Metabolism / Protein Metabolism / Nucleic Acid Metabolism / Lipid Metabolism / Respiration / Part III: Growth and Development Physiology – Growth Development and Organogenesis / Hormones/Growth Regulators / Physiology of Flowering / Senescence, Aging, Abscission and Polarity / Dormancy and Germination of Seeds / Movements in Plants / Stress Physiology / Tissue Culture / Secondary Plant Metabolites / Subject Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students of Plant Physiology