E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2013
Binding: Hard Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 1375
About the book
GENETIC MATERIAL deals with the nature, structure, molecular forms, location, biosynthesis, organization, analysis, sequencing, synthesis, packaging, recombination, damage, repair, protection and evolution of genetic material in viruses, prokaryotes, and eukaryotes. This book provides comprehensive knowledge on these aspects of genetic material.
Genetic Material is primarily designed as a text book for senior undergraduate and postgraduate students. Undergraduate and graduate students, teachers and researchers in any discipline of life sciences, agricultural sciences, medicine, and biotechnology in all the conventional and agricultural universities, research institutes, molecular genetics and biotechnology companies/colleges/institutes/schools all over the world will also find it useful as a reference book.
• A brief historical background for every chapter
• A comprehensive treatise
• Recent progresses discussed
• Nobel Prize winning work finds a special mention
• Simple and lucid language
• Supported by 1266 references, 66 tables and 361 figures
• Terms defined in context of the present day knowledge
• Separate section on glossary of important terms
• Comprehensive subject index
• Applications/implications of various discoveries pin-pointed
• Useful for national and international level competitive examinations, entrance tests, and interviews
Table of Contents
Foreword / Preface / Introduction / Nature of the Genetic Material / Structure of the Genetic Material / Extranuclear Genomes / Nucleotide Biosynthesis / Organization of the Genetic Material / Analysis of Nucleic Acids / Sequencing of Nucleic Acids / Synthesis of Nucleic Acids / Packaging of Nucleic Acids / Replication of Nucleic Acids / Genetic Recombination / Site-Specific Recombination / Characteristics and Classification of Mutations / Detection of Mutations / Molecular Mechanism of Mutations / DNA Transposition / DNA Damage Checkpoints and Response / DNA Repair Mechanisms in Prokaryotes / DNA Repair Mechanisms in Eukaryotes / DNA Safeguards / Evolution of Genetic Material / Glossary / Subject Index.