E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2014
Binding: Hard Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 1065
About the book
GENE EXPRESSION deals with gene structure, gene organization, genome evolution, gene function, transcription, RNA processing, genetic code, translation, and fate of finished proteins, ribosomes, and used messenger RNAs. At the end, an overview of gene expression has been provided. This book provides comprehensive knowledge on these aspects of gene expression in viruses, bacteria, plants and animals.
Gene Expression is primarily designed as a textbook for senior undergraduate and postgraduate students. Students, teachers and researchers in any discipline of life sciences, agricultural sciences, medicine, and biotechnology in all the conventional and agricultural universities, research institutes, molecular genetics and biotechnology companies/colleges/institutes/schools all over the world will also find it useful as a reference book.
• A brief historical background for every chapter.
• A comprehensive treatise.
• Recent progresses discussed.
• Nobel Prize winning work finds a special mention.
• Simple and lucid language.
• Supported by 869 references, 49 Tables, and 317 Figures.
• Terms defined in context of the present day knowledge.
• Separate section on glossary of important terms.
• Comprehensive subject index.
• Applications/implications of various discoveries pin-pointed.
• Useful for national and international level competitive examinations, entrance tests, and interviews.
Table of Contents
Foreword / Preface / Gene Structure and Colinearity / Gene Organization and Genome Evolution / Defense Genes and Vaccines / Oncogenes and Antioncogenes / Gene Function / Transcription in Bacteria and Viruses / Transcription in Eukaryotes / Intricacies of Eukaryotic Transcription / RNA Processing in General / Alternative RNA Splicing and RNA Editing / Updated Genetic Code / Protein Biosynthesis / Fate of Nascent Proteins, Ribosomes, and Messenger RNAs / Gene Expression – An Overview/ Glossary / Subject Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, Professionals and Researchers