Course in Ordinary Differential Equations, A , Second Edition
Author(s): B. Rai, D.P. Choudhury, H. I. Freedman
E-ISBN: Publication Year: 2013
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 794
About the book
This text book for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses presupposes no background other than elementary calculus.
The novel features of the book are:
• Systematic method of finding integrating factors of the first order equations
• Unified treatment of several categories of equations under the banner of Linerarly Separable Equations
• Rational approach to Singular Solutions
• Sound treatment of inverse operator method for obtaining particular solutions of non-homogeneous
• Technique of solving systems of linear equations with constant coefficients equivalent to the use of
Jordan Canonical form of the associated matrix
• Theoretically sound approach to the method of Laplace transforms
• Elaboration of properties of Legendre and Bessel functions and inclusion of all the
major numerical techniques for solving differential equations along with a derivation
of the Runge Kutta formula
• Additional exercises with answers
All the methods given in the book are explained by the help of solved examples. An adequate number of unsolved exercises have also been provided on each topic.
Table of Contents
Preface / Introduction and Basic Concepts / Solvable First Order Equations / Applications of First Order Equations / Theoretical Considerations / Linear Differential Equations I / Linear Differential Equations II / Systems of Differential Equations / Laplace Transforms / Power Series Methods / Numerical Methods / Additional Exercises with Answers / Answers to Selected Exercises / Bibliography / Index.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students of Mathematics and Engineering