E-ISBN: Publication Year: Reprint 2014
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 800
About the book
ELECTRONICS is written as a monolog between teacher and student in an attempt to make the language as simple as possible. The various diagrams and oscilloscope plots will help students correlate the theory they learn in the class room with observations they make in their lab experiments. Thumb rules of circuital designing have been included where-ever possible and various laws of physics behind various devices have been discussed. The chapters in the book can be divided into sections explaining modeling, test equipments and circuital elements which are building blocks of a power supply.
Designed as a Textbook for undergraduate students of electronics in physics and engineering, the book hopes to demystify electronics as a subject and encourage beginners to take the next step in circuital designing.
• Inclusion of coding and markings made on various type of capacitors in Chapter 1.
• Chapter 2 has a section on Anderson Bridge. While this experiment is essentially done in physics, the topic is included here to show how the various theorems of Network Analysis can be applied to improve the sensitivity of the experiment.
• Chapter 5 now introduces Light Emitting Diodes (LED).
• The percentage of regulation (POR) of zener diodes (Chapter 7) has been modified in such a manner that students can experimentally verify and establish POR of zeners in a lab.
• Chapter 8 now includes the Ebers-Moll model of the transistor.
• An interesting behaviour of the JFET by which it can be used as a voltage controlled resistance has been added in Chapter 14.
• The Chapter 18 on SCRs now discusses application circuits of SCR.
• The Chapter 20 of the first edition is now is a part of the Chapter on JFET.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Second Edition / Preface to the First Edition / Kirchoff’s Theorems / Theorems / The Oscilloscope / Transformers / Diode / Filters / Regulation / Transistor / Transistor Biasing / Transistor Models / Frequency Response / Multistage Transistor Amplifiers / Feedback Circuits / Field Effect and Uni-Junction Transistors / Oscillators / Power Amplifiers / Tuned Amplifiers / The Thyristor / Integrated Circuits / Further Reading / Index.
Undergraduate Students of Electronics in Physics and Engineering