Organic Synthesis: Special Techniques , Second Edition
Author(s): V. K. Ahluwalia, Renu Aggarwal
E-ISBN: Publication Year: Reprint 2018
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 160mm x 240mm Weight: 320
About the book
Most reactions in organic chemistry use volatile organic solvents and other hazardous chemicals which cause problems for our environment and human health. Thus constant efforts are being made to provide new safer and effective ways to manufacture products without damaging the environment.
This book describes the use of various techniques in Organic Synthesis which minimize the use of hazardous chemicals and improve the yield of products i.e.
· Phase transfer catalysis in organic synthesis
· Crown ethers in organic synthesis
· Microwave induced organic synthesis
· Sonochemistry: Use of ultrasound in organic chemistry
· Polymer supported reagents and synthesis
· Also principles involved, methodology and procedures for typical preparation for each of the techniques
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION:
· Ionic Liquids which have gained wide popularity in recent years for their increasing use in synthetic and biochemical fields. These are termed as “designer solvents” and attracted enormous attention as media for green synthesis.
Table of Contents
Foreword / Preface to the Second Edition / Preface to the First Edition / Phase Transfer Catalysts / Crown Ethers / Microwave Induced Organic Synthesis / Sonochemistry – The Use of Ultrasound in Organic Synthesis / Polymer Supported Reagents and Synthesis / Ionic Liquids / Index.