ISBN: 978-81-7319-699-7 Publication Year: 2014
Binding: Paper Back Dimension: 185mm x 240mm Weight: 600
About the book
WIND ENERGY SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS is an increasingly important means of generating electricity. WES is a clean, cost-effective and renewable energy source. It is a well-developed technology and suitable for generation of electricity in remote areas. This book presents a comprehensive account of technology, case studies and international status.
• Technological Development of Wind Turbines
• Development of Horizontal and Vertical Axis Wind Turbines
• Aerodynamic Principles of Wind Turbines
• Offshore Wind Energy
• Problems (Social, Technological, Political) and Solutions for successful implementation of
Wind Energy Systems
• Use of Wind Systems as distributed generation source
• Generation, Control and other electrical Aspects
• Fixed and Variable Speed Wind Turbine Modeling: Case Study
Table of Contents
Preface / Introduction to Wind Energy Technology / Technological Development of Wind Turbines / Aerodynamics and Design of WECS / Generators and Control Aspects of WECS / Wind Resource Assessment and Power Estimation using ANN / Wind Energy: A Ray of Hope in Rural Areas / New Horizons for Offshore Wind Energy: A Turn for the Better / Generator Configuration and Power Electronics Interface / Power Quality Issues and Standards for Wind Energy Conversion System / Reactive Power Compensation Schemes for Induction Generator Based Wind Energy Systems / Doubly-Fed Configuration in wind Energy Conversion System / Offshore Wind Energy Conversion System and its Indian Scenario / Policies and Subsidies for Indian Wind Energy Technology Development / Modelling of Grid Connected Induction Gnerator Wind Farm in Matlab/Simulink / Modelling of Full Scale Converter Fed Induction Generator Wind Earm in Matlab/Simulation / Index.